Thursday 21 July 2011

Ashley Boddy - Starr, Hoover, Featherstone

So I pop'd down to London Film and Comic Con a few weekends ago, mainly to pick up the Grant Perkin's piece and to see if I could get anything off Darick Robertson. My mine gripe with LFCC is that they have comic in the title, but do near to sweet FA for comic fans every year in comparison to the rest of the show.

So when I got to the show, I picked up my piece from Grant, saw Darick happily gave him a commission and pottered about. There were a few artists there, but none caught my eye, except Ashley Boddy, he had a very cool cartoon style which I thought would go great with Starr and his ever helpful grail members Hoover and Featherstone!

I wasn't wrong, he done a fantastic job, but me and a mate were surprised by what he had chose to put in Starr's hand, have a look for yourself...












*SPOILER ALERT* It was a COCK! He had accidently drawn Starr stroking a cock, Starr can't even get a break from it all when people other than Dillon are drawing him! Now my Dad loves duck (in joke for when he eventually reads this after he has the book), but it wasn't the intention of the artist so he amended, and the final piece, though slightly less amusing, was still amazing!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment